Have a 'hoppin' new year!

Hola Blogosphere!!!



Did you all have very merry Christmas's? I hope so! Ive finally had an evening off work and thought Id drop you a line just so you know Im alive and well and because I just like randomly chatting at anyone who will listen (or read)! I had a lovely Xmas day, well from what I remember. I was itching to post an OOTD but I unfortunately got a little bit drunk and fell asleep before I had chance to get anyone to snap me! Nevermind! I got bought lots of nice things from my family and also got some vouchers, which I cant wait to spend but Im waiting for the new season stuff to come in as I always end up buying tat in the sales which I never wear! I am also looking forward to my second Christmas day and present opening with Mr Naomi on Friday, heres hoping he's got me lots of nice things too! *wink wink*


Anyway, I promised I was going to post a really awesome retro, 50's inspired outfit a few weeks ago so here it finally is! On my recent girls night out in London, my lovely Miranda friend wore an AMAZING 50's vintage inspired, pinup dress. She received so much attention over it that I asked if she minded if I blogged about it. I know a lot of women, myself included, who love the whole glitz and glam which I feel is embodied in 50's style. Here is Miranda in her gorge Vivien of Holloway red dress pictured with another of one of my very beautiful friends Lorna...

Miranda's Outfit:

Red & Black Polka Dot Halterneck Circle Dress - £69 Vivien of Holloway

Matching Bolero - £25 Vivien of Holloway



Red Stretch Waisted Belt - £14 Vivien of Holloway



Lorna's Outfit:

Faux Fur Shrug - £70 French Connection @ ASOS

Black Dress - Thrifted @ Big Bum Jumble

Miranda's dress was from the Vivien of Holloway store located on Holloway Road in London, but there is an extensive collection of 50's inspired reproduction dresses on the stores website. What you also can't see pictured in the photographs is the beautiful petticoat which is being worn underneath the dress, also from Vivien of Holloway for £59, layers of beautiful tulle fabric which really gives the dress that oomph! I love all the individuality within all of my friends, and Miranda is absolutely no exception, she's definately no shrinking violet who would never get overlooked, as she puts it...

'My style? 50's 'At the hop' as much as I can do [...] generally just going balls to the wall as much as I can with a bit of bespoke boutique thrown in'.

I love how daring and individual her look is and being able to find gorgeous vintage inspired pieces in plus size is an absolute WIN! Vivien of Holloway's range goes up to a UK size 24, but please check their size chart, as Im guessing due to the tailoring of the garments their sizing may vary from more mainstream retailers.

I also absolutely loved Lorna's gorgeous faux fur shrug from French Connection @ ASOS! A bit on the pricey side, but definitely an investment piece! Lorna told me it is actually a UK size 14, but she thought she would try it anyway (Lorna ranges from a UK size 16-20'ish on top, I hope Im right?) but she wanted to point out that this is...

'...proof that it's always worth giving something a go to see if it works for you.'

Also while we are talking about my luscious red headed friend, just a little plea for all you lovely boys and girls to please go and vote for her if you have a spare minute in the Plus Size Tall Model search competition. Its just a quick sign up and a little clickety click! She is a beautiful girl, with a real healthy outlook on the whole size debate, intelligent and articulate, a great role model for plus size women, she also looks after me a lot *D'awwwwwww* so....



*VOTE FOR LORNA HERE*

So I think thats about it for the mo, but I cant wait to post about all the bits and pieces I will probably end up buying in the next few days (yeh I know I said I was staying away from the sales but I know Ill end up with something!) Oh and dont forget that discount is still valid over at Plus Size Tights.com until the 3rd of January, just enter 'diamondsnpearls' at the checkout!

In a bizzle guys...



BIG LOVE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

<3


Blog Archive