NYE Outfit Of The Day

Hi guys,

So how did you all spend New Years Eve? I had a pretty relaxed one this year, which was nice, for the last 3 or 4 years I have been opting for a good ol' shindig at a friends house rather than hanging around town centres, paying ridiculous amounts of
money into a club and arguing over taxi's at 3am. A lot of my friends have young children too, so its also nice to be able for us all to get together, children included and ring in the New Year that way. We had loads and loads of drinks, with my friend Des being the designated cocktail barman and my friend Liane was dishing up her amazing chicken, rice and peas.

I had, the day before NYE done a little bit of mooching around the sales (yeh I know I said I was laying off them) and spotted in my local Evan's store a pair of boots that I had tried on a few months previous for a £120 on sale for £70! I luckily found a pair of them in a size 6 and before I knew it they were bagged up and leaving the store wi
th me! I have very wide calves and even Evan's extra wide fitting boots tend not to fit my 19/20 inch pins, so finding a pair that not only fit my calves beautifully but also reached right up to my thigh were an absolute bonus! Here they are....


I teamed them up with a floral tea dress I found in New Look the same day, from their Inspire range (Not in the sale), a pair of black tights, a long beige vest top, a biker jacket and a brown waisted belt also from Evans and a Kathy Van Zeeland handbag which I picked up at Big Bum Jumble for a £1 in August, for my relaxed but pretty, NYE outfit...



Floral Tea Dress - New Look Inspire £26.99
Black Tights - Plus Size Tights £6.75 (pk of 2)
Over Knee Boots - Evans £70 (Out of stock online)
Biker Jacket - Evans Autumn 2010
Brown waisted belt - Evans 2009
Vest Top - H&M B&B £7.99
Handbag - Kathy Van Zeeland, Big Bum Jumble bargain find!

I felt really fab in those boots, the first time I wore them I was literally strutting down the street! Its so nice to find a pair of boots to fit plus size legs, spesh if you are on the higher end of plus size like myself, being a UK size 26/28. I was also thrilled to finally find something I liked in New look Inspire! Ive found over the past 6 months their Inspire collection has been really bad, I used to regularly hit New Look knowing that there was always going to be something that I would purchase, but mid 2010 I dont know what happened with them but it jus kinda all went wrong! Heres hoping for a great 2011 collection with them! Ill be keeping my eyes open, as Im sure you all will!




Blog Archive