Exclusive Interview Designer Reza Nadimi


Fashion has always been a significant element of personal expression. Fashion can even be seen as a form of personal and political iconography. Iranian fashion designers are a budding breed and a creative force to be reckoned with. Designing visionary, Reza Nadimi leads the pack with his ultra-gothic/baroque era  and modern designs.




His Cuts Are Flattering And Progressive, And His Aesthetic Is Ethereal And Richly Classic All At The Same Time. Reza's Tasteful Use Of Fabrics Gives The Garments A Holistic Vision Of Luxury That Only Make You Wanting To See More Of His Art .

We At Unbreakable Diamond Had So Much Fun Writing And Interviewing Reza Nadimi .He Is One Of Our All Time Favorite.

UD: You Were Born And Raised In Iran ; What Was Life Like Growing Up There And How Has It Impacted Your Life As An Adult?

RN: Growing up in Iran was actually so good i was always surrounded by family and friends whom i could always feel their support, i should say i had an amazing childhood, as an adult of course there are boundaries, but having boundaries is not necessarily a bad thing, it makes you think outside the box and to be creative in the ways that you don’t expect.


UD: What Influenced You As A Child And Drew You To Work In Fashion?

 RN: I should say it was my first fashion magazine when I was 12, all those trends and beautiful garments, took me to another world which was my window through fashion. 

UD: How Your Parents Encourage You To Pursue Fashion Design?

RN: By supporting me in my decision and believing in me.

UD: Shortly After You Chose To Pursue Fashion, You Studied Stylisme De Mode In Paris — What Was That Experience Like? 

RN: Well passionate about fashion as there is no fashion design schools in Iran for men I decided to study industrial design which was the nearest subject to fashion, after obtaining my B.A I decided to pursue my passion so I went to Paris I should say the experience was different from what I had before, I was in a place where i could breath and live the art of fashion.


UD: Obviously Your Training In Tehran Had An Influence On You And Your Designs — To What Extent Do You Feel The Iranian Culture And Heritage Has Influenced Your Design Aesthetic?

RN: Iran has a very long history of art and culture and I was always surrounded by the spirit of art and history and creative people. 

UD: Do You Have A Specific Type Of Woman In Mind When You Sit Down And Sketch A Garment?


RN: A sensitive woman who wants to hide her sensitivity beside her serious face and acts. 

UD: What Is Your Impression Of Fashion Design Today? 

RN: I really like the whole thing that's going on ,as there are so many young fashion designers it's very difficult to break into especially now since there are so many competition ,but it motivate me to work harder.


UD: Do You Think It's Challenging Being A Designer In Iran ?

RN: Well here you can be closer to your clients and it can be more artisanal, and you can see who wears your cloths. 

UD: What Trends Make You Optimistic About The Future Of Fashion ?

RN: I'm Interested In This Whole Dark Look That Is Back Which Has So Many Architectural Details In It

UD: Has The Oeuvre Of Other Designers Influenced Your-Self As A Designer?

RN:Actually I did specially Rick Owens, Gareth Pugh and Kris Van Assche whom I love Their Visions

UD: What Is Your Perception Of How Your Work Has Been Received By The Fashion World And Its Global Audience?

RN:  Perception I’m amazed that i have so many feedback from fashion globally and so someone who lives in Iran I’m so detached that globally people wants to follow my work we all know that we live in an era where technology is making the whole world a global village but for me who didn't have a proper campaign or the right of advertising to get all the attention was quiet surprising I thank technology and mostly internet that trough it I can demonstrate my works and have my audience.

UD: What Has Been Your Personal Favorite Garment That You Have Designed? 

RN: It's my next collection

UD: 
How Do You Feel About The Rising Importance Of Fashion Bloggers?

RN: I think not only they show personal view of fashion world but allows someone like me in Iran to access and pursue everything in fashion. 

UD: Do You Feel That Social Media Platforms Are A Trend In Fashion Or Something We All Need To Be Not Only Aware Of But Involved With?


RN: I think  fashion society and medias has been always so interacted

UD: In Your Newest Collection, What Are The Main Aesthetics You Are Using?


RN: It's a reminiscence of the baroque age and aesthetics

UD: Have You Ever Had A "Star Struck" Moment Where You've Met Or Worked With Someone In The Industry Who Was An Idol Of Yours Growing Up?


RN: All the people that I idolis are from different era.

UD: Where Do You See Yourself And The Reza Nadimi Label In The Future?


RN: With shops every where ,and to be accepted by many people as possible

UD:  Any Advice Or Top Tips To Offer To Our Readers?

RN: Fashion Is Not The Answer But Style Is

UD: Reza , Thank You For Taking The Time To Speak With Us. We Wish You All The Best Of Luck In The Future And We Look Forward To Hearing About Your Growth. 

RN: I Want To Thanks R Al Naimi Who Showed Interest In Interviewing Me I Really Appreciate It And Hope You'll Enjoy My New Collection And Hope To  Keep In Touch.

Nostalgic Summer SS 2012 : 



























Follow Reza Nadimi on Facebook for the latest Update 
For More About Reza Nadimi read our previous Post Here 

Blog Archive